Fishtail Braids: The tightly woven secret revealed.
November 30, 2010 § Leave a comment
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Angela Simmons demonstrate the versatility of the fishtail braid
Stylish with irresistible practicality, the fun and oh so romantic fishtail braid remains a hair-do. Whether you wear the tightly woven braids a little messy, ultra sleek or multiple braids on one mane, the goal is the same – stay away from the school girl cute, good style gone wrong look. Think edgy meets soft and sweet as you seek to capture one of the varying vibes of these fishtail braids. Coiffing this sultry plait is a simple task so long as a few lessons are heeded. See below for written and video guidance.
Instructions via 2good2lose
This braid turns out best if you pull hair back into a tight ponytail first and separate the ponytail into 2 strands instead of three.
1. Once you have separated the ponytail, you are going to start out by holding the 2 strands in your left hand.
2. Now you are going to take a thin piece from the outside of the right strand and join it with the left strand.
3. Reverse how you are holding hair and switch hands.
4. With your left hand take a thin piece from the outside of the left strand and join it with the right strand.
5. You are going to repeat steps 2 and 3 until the braid is as long as you desire. Then finish with an elastic.
How to Fishtail Braid via PopSugarTvBella
Alicia Key’s Fancy Fishtails
Fergie + Fishtail